IEOM Society Student Chapter
Global Design Competition
November 1, 2022
Developing Innovative Design Solutions with the Customer in Mind
What is all about?
The Student Global Design Competition provides an opportunity to develop an innovative idea that has the potential to be commercialized. Students in your chapter will form a team, develop a preliminary idea, record, and submit a 3-to-5-minute video, and begin the process of creating a PowerPoint presentation that will tell the story of your product. The following elements of your IEOM Society Student Chapter Team idea should be included in your final PowerPoint presentation.
How does it work?
- The BIG Idea
- Mission statement
- Concept – The CO-Driver
- Patent review
- Market Survey
- Prototype – CAD
An example of our Student Chapter Global Design Competition can be found here – CLICK HERE
Get your team or teams registered for the competition
Submit your preliminary “Big Idea” as the initial submission for your team along with a 3-to-5-minute video. The IEOM Society will select the most innovative ideas and they will move on to the finals. Ten teams will be selected, and the team award winner will be chosen to receive cash prizes.
- 1ST PLACE $1000
- 2ND PLACE $750
- 3RD PLACE $500
- Each team should have 3-4 members
- Team members must be part of the IEOM Student Chapter. If you do not have an IEOM Student Chapter, you can open a chapter and join the competition
- Every chapter can have a maximum of 2 teams
- Must present the original idea
- Submit 3-to-5-minute video during registration
- Submit a PPT for final design and present via zoom
Key dates to remember
- Registration open now
- Registration closes: September 30, 2022
- First round winners announced: October 7, 2022
- Final round – zoom presentation of your design: November 1, 2022
*Note: You are not eligible to participate in the competition if you are not a member of an IEOM Society student chapter. If your school does have a student chapter, you can create one.
Where to apply?
- Use Google form to register and submit a 3-5 video for your design idea: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfQpzYoQYoSwRg0vYnb88rXYUIaEFlCe-7xOLZ2IfcN_zDusA/viewform?usp=sf_link
For any queries or information, contact Mr. Ajaz Ahmed Khan, IEOM Student Chapter Support Coordinator at email@example.com