IEOM Undergraduate Student Paper Competition
Sponsored by: SIEMENS
The 2019 IEOM Student Paper Competition sponsored by SIEMENS will recognize outstanding papers in the field of industrial engineering and operations management written by student(s). Selected papers will be considered for the competition and must be presented at the IEOM Bangkok Conference. The paper will be judged based on the technical content and presentation. Winners will receive award certificates. The winning awards will be given at the IEOM Bangkok Conference award event.
- The submitter must me student or recent graduate
- Papers can be industry projects as part of a course or co-op/internship, or research projects done at the academic institution.
- Faculty and/or an industry member may serve as an advisor on a project, but the work should primarily be done by the student(s).
- The paper must be written by the student(s) with only minor outside editorial assistance. One or more advisors may appear as co-authors of a paper, but the student must be the ‘first author’.
- The paper must be presented at the IEOM Bangkok Conference.
Deadline for submission of papers: November 30, 2018.
Authors must follow the IEOM paper guidelines (under Authors menu) since the winning papers will be published in the conference proceedings.
Each paper must be submitted online: https://www.xcdsystem.com/IEOM/abstract/index.cfm?ID=uLrg3GI
A group of academics / professionals will serve as judge. Scoring rubrics will be used for both parts of the judging.
1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will receive award certificates and plaques.
Please contact Competition Chair for details:
Abbas Mahmoudabadi Ph.D.
Director, Master Program in Industrial Engineering
MehrAstan University, Gilan, Iran
Tel: +98 13 4216 6112, Cell: +98 912 159 7537
Other email: firstname.lastname@example.org