To All Conference Attendees:
We would like to welcome you to the International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management (IEOM) in Detroit, Michigan. This international conference provides a forum for academics, researchers and practitioners from many industries to exchange ideas and share recent developments in the field of Industrial Engineering and Operations Management. The theme of the conference is “Achieving and Sustaining Excellence in Quality, Reliability, Service and Operations.”
The challenge of continuous improvement will be significant in the 21st century and the 2016 IEOM Detroit Conference will address the issue of continuous improvement for quality and service. Perhaps the most important example of this issue is the current financial crisis facing the world. This crisis represents extraordinary challenges; however, it also represents significant opportunities for future industrial growth and new directions. Your IEOM Society has selected the following keynote speakers to address these issues:
- Carlo Materazzo, Head of World Class Manufacturing (WCM), FCA – Global, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA)
- Helmuth Ludwig, Executive VP, Digital Enterprise Realization & Chief Manufacturing Officer, SIEMENS PLM
- Kevin Poet, Plant Manager, Rawsonville Component Plant, Ford Motor Company, Ypsilanti, MI
- Jeffrey Abell, GM Technical Fellow, Lab Group Manager, Manufacturing Systems Research, General Motors Global Research and Development, Warren, Michigan
- Srinivas Garimella, Senior Manager, Manufacturing Strategy and Innovation, Eaton, Southfield, Michigan
- John Fleming, Executive VP Manufacturing & Labor Affairs (retired), Ford Motor Company
- Award Keynote: Hulas King, Director, Diversity, Professional Affiliations & Global Community Relations, Siemens PLM Software, St. Louis, Missouri, USA
- Charles Mbohwa, Professor and Vice-Dean Postgraduate Studies, Research and Innovation Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment (FEBE), University of Johannesburg, South Africa
- Richard D. Shainin, Executive Vice President, Shainin, The Red X Company, Washington, D.C., USA
- Jd Marhevko, Vice President of Quality, Lean and EHS Systems, Accuride Corporation
- Kush Shah, GM Fellow and Sr. Manager, Global Operational Excellence, General Motors and Education Chair – ASQ Greater Detroit
The Industry Solutions Track will address industry needs to survive in a highly competitive international environment. Distinguished practitioners will share their many years of experience in successfully addressing and solving industrial challenges. They will focus on opportunities for continuous improvement and sustainability. GD&T, Lean Six Sigma, CAE with Hypermesh, Monte Carlo Simulation & Optimization and Entrepreneurship workshops have been scheduled. The GD&T workshop has 9 industry speakers who will share their extensive knowledge and experience.
At previous IEOM Conferences, the Global Engineering Education Series has been well received by attendees; therefore, the IEOM 2016 Detroit Conference will have a dedicated session on Global Engineering Education. Several distinguished speakers will discuss the readiness of engineering graduates to meet the workforce requirements now and in the future. Featured speakers will represent various countries around the globe. They will address the challenges and opportunities of engineering education.
The IEOM Society would like to express our deep appreciation to our sponsors, university partners, exhibitors, authors, reviewers, keynote speakers, panel speakers, track chairs, local committee, advisors and the many volunteers who have given so much of their time and talent to making this unique international conference an overwhelming successful event.
We would also like to thank all of the attendees who are participating in this event. Your Conference Planning Committee welcomes you to Detroit and wishes you an enjoyable learning experience at the conference and a memorable adventure exploring USA with its many outstanding attractions including The Henry Ford: Ford Rouge Factory, Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village.
Enjoy the conference and the Michigan/USA experience.
Lawrence Technological University, USA
Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
"Achieving and Sustaining Operational Excellence"