Lean Six Sigma Competition
Sponsored by Tooling Tech Group
Submission Link: https://www.xcdsystem.com/IEOM/abstract/index.cfm?ID=MjzPmiN
Registration Link: https://www.xcdsystem.com/IEOM/attendee/index.cfm?ID=Fphyf14
The IEOM Lean Six Sigma Competition will recognize outstanding case studies in the area of lean and six sigma. Selected papers will be considered for the competition and must be presented at the conference. The paper will be judged based on the technical content and presentation. Winners will receive award certificates.
- Case study must be related to real-life applications
- Practitioners or academicians can join the competition
- Papers can be industry projects as part of a course or co-op/internship, or research projects done at the academic institution.
- The paper must be presented during the conference.
- Deadline for submission of papers: September 15, 2023
- Authors must follow the IEOM paper guidelines (under Authors menu).
- A group of academics / professionals will serve as judge. Scoring rubrics will be used.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will receive award certificates.
WINNERS – Lean Six Sigma Competition Award sponsored by Tooling Tech Group
ID 475: Development of Scoring Methodology for Ergonomics Risk Assessment in the Workplace
Abdulrahman Shamsan and Ahmed Gailan Qasem, Department of Systems Science and Industrial Engineering, State University of New York at Binghamton, Binghamton, NY 13902, USA
Faisal Aqlan, Department of Industrial Engineering, Penn State University, The Behrend College, Erie, PA, USA
ID 591: On Socioeconomic Impacts of Technological Advancements in Healthcare
Pawan Bhandari and M. Affan Badar, Department of Applied Engineering and Technology Management, Indiana State University, Terre Haute, IN 47809, USA
Vincent Childress, Department of Graphic Design Technology, North Carolina A&T State University, Greensboro, NC, USA
ID 163: Using Design of Experiment & Steepest Ascent Methodologies to Improve Air Leak Testing in Engine Block Manufacturing System
Khaleel Al ithawi and Kingman Yee, A. Leon Linton Department of Mechanical Engineering, Lawrence Technological University, Southfield, MI, USA
Sabah Abro, Engineering Technology Department, Lawrence Tech University
M. Ishtiaq Hussain, General Motors Powertrain, Pontiac, Michigan