Workshop EDLE: Entrepreneurship Dynamic Learning
August 27, 2020, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Venue: Maksoud Plaza Hotel
Registration is open. complete the form at the end of this page
Prof. Dr. Elzo Alves Aranha
Universidade Federal de Itajubá
Production Engineering and Management Institute
Coordinator of the Entrepreneurial Dynamic Research Nucleus (NPDE)
Coordinator of Entrepreneurship Education in Engineering Work Group of the Brazilian Association of Engineering Education –ABENGE
- 9:00 am Welcome and introduce yourself
- 9:20 am Workshop Program Introduction
- 9:30 am EDLE: Entrepreneurship Dynamic Learning: Guidelines principles, overview and Innovative Idea Project
- 9:50 am Task 1: Developing three value ideas linked to the contents of the discipline.
- 10:10 am Task 2: Getting information from market and peers
- 10:30 am Break
- 10:45 am Task 3: Idea Screening and Taking decision: The best innovative idea.
- 11:10 am Understanding Value, Creating value and Delivering Value
- 11:30 am Task 4: Selection of best ideas of the class and Team Building
- 12:00 am From Value Idea to Business Model: Integrating contents of Engineering: Work Team Co-creation guidelines
- 12:30 am Final: Module I
Lunch Break: 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
- 2:30 pm Task 5: Work Team: Value Proposition Design
- 3:00 pm Task 6: Work Team: Business Model Design
- 3:30 pm Task 7: Work Team: Elevator Pitch Nº 1
- 4:00 pm Task 8: Work Team Elevate Pitch Evaluation
- 4:20 pm Break
- 4:35 pm Task 9: Work Team: Integrating and Connecting: Designing Engineering Course Syllabus using EDLE Tool (Entrepreneurship Education, Active Learning, Design Thinking and Bloom´s Taxonomy)
- 5:00 pm Task 10: Work Team: Elevator Pitch Nº 2
- 5:20 pm EDLE: Integrating and Connecting: Entrepreneurship Education, Active Learning, Design Thinking and Bloom´s Taxonomy)
- 5:40 pm Assessment workshop activity
- 6:00 pm Final: Workshop
- Certificate distribution
Registration Fee: $50 (USD) / 220 BRL
All participants will get a certificate
Elzo Alves Aranha is Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship and Business of the Production Engineering and Management Institute at Federal University of Itajuba – UNIFEI, Minas Gerais State, Brazil. He is Fellow in Business Management (Entrepreneurship) of the International Agency for Standards and Rating (IASR).
He received his PhD Degree in Engineering – Production of the Polytechnic School at University of São Paulo, his Master´s Degree in Administration at Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo and Specialist Degree in Institutional Evaluation at University of Brasília. The International Agency for Standards and Rating (IASR) awarded Professor Aranha their prize of World Champion – 2018 in Business Management (Entrepreneurship).
Professor Aranha is a co-founded and coordinator of the Entrepreneurial Dynamics Research Group at Federal University of Itajuba and is carrying out several initiatives and actions to foster entrepreneurship education in Brazilian engineering undergraduate courses. He is a co-founded and coordinator of the EDLE Project – Entrepreneurship Dynamic Learning, a Brazilian project to train engineering professors in use of the EDLE tool and entrepreneurship education in engineering.
He is a co-founded and coordinator of the Standing Working Group of Entrepreneurship Education in Engineering of the Brazilian Association of Engineering Education (ABENGE) and organize several initiatives to foster entrepreneurship education in engineering as seminars, meetings, workshops, round session and entrepreneurship education in engineering international journey. He is a co-founded and coordinator of UNIFEI-ABENGE Chair in Entrepreneurship Education in Engineering Visiting Professors/Researchers Fellowships.
He is the principal researcher and coordinator of the research project that developed the EDLE-Entrepreneurship Dynamic Learning, an integrated tool linked to the principles of entrepreneurship education, active learning, design thinking, and Bloom’s Taxonomy, to foster engineering students’ entrepreneurial skills development.
He has more than 75 papers published in Brazilian and international journals and annals of congresses and conferences about entrepreneurship education, active learning, open innovation and business model, entrepreneurship university, science and technological parks and business incubator. He advised of more than 60 Business Consulting Project in Small-Middle Sized Business. He organized more than 30 scientific meetings, congress and seminars. He designed and implemented the first Brazilian course training of entrepreneurship and innovation in university management at Federal University of Itajuba and Federal University of Alfenas.
He was coordinator of several programs and projects in Entrepreneurship and Innovation at Federal University of Itajuba. For instance, he is co-founded and was the executive coordinator of the Pre-Incubation and co-founded and coordinator of the Project of the Helicopter Technology National Center at Federal University of Itajuba.
Professor Aranha worked in large companies and held several positions in the top management of higher education institution (Director of Department, Director of Interinstitutional Projects, Director of Continuing Education, Director of Faculty, Deputy Pro-Rector and Chief of Staff to the Rector´s Office, among other positions).
He is a co-founded and first executive secretary of Brazilian Associate of Distance Education.
Fill out the EDLE Woodshop Registration and Complete the payment