Human Factors and Ergonomics Competition
Submission Deadline: June 15, 2023
Onsite + Virtual
The IEOM Human Factors and Ergonomics Competition will recognize outstanding case studies in the area of human factors, occupational ergonomics, industrial accidents, safety, OSHA and NIOSH guidelines implementations, occupational health, etc. Selected papers will be considered for the competition and must be presented at the IEOM Italy Conference. The paper will be judged based on the technical content and presentation. Winners will receive award certificates. The winning awards will be given at the IEOM Lisbon Conference award event.
- Case study must be related to real-life applications
- Practitioners or academicians can join the competition
- Papers can be industry projects as part of a course or co-op/internship, or research projects done at the academic institution.
- The paper must be presented at the IEOM Portugal Conference.
IEOM Competition Rubrics
- Overall content: 1-5 points
- Data analysis and results: 1-5 points
- Presentation skills: 1-5 points
- Knowledge of the topic / confident: 1-5 points
- Answering questions: 1-5 points
Deadline for submission of papers: June 15, 2023.
Authors must follow the IEOM paper guidelines (under Authors menu) since the winning papers will be published in the conference proceedings.
Each paper must be submitted online: https://www.xcdsystem.com/IEOM/abstract/index.cfm?ID=BMNT4ql
A group of academics / professionals will serve as judge. Scoring rubrics will be used for both parts of the judging.
1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will receive award certificates.
Papers will be indexed in EBSCO, Google Scholar and IEOM Index.
IEOM Index includes the following:
- This unique database is dedicated to research and achievements in the “Industrial Engineering and Operations Management” disciplines
- Each paper will have its unique DOI (Digital Object Identified) from CrossRef.
- Check all previous conference papers in the IEOM Index Publication Database Library – https://index.ieomsociety.org/.
- IEOM Conference DOI – https://index.ieomsociety.org/index.cfm/conference/list/
- Conference Proceedings will be published with an ISBN in a soft form – OPEN ACCESS.
- All accepted papers will be published with an ISBN Number.
- All full papers submitted for conference proceedings will be evaluated using a double-blind review process and published electronically in proceedings with a DOI number.
- All approved full papers will be sent for indexation to world known databases:
- Google Scholar
- IEOM Index Online Library
Four proceedings have DOIs for all papers. Others will be added shortly.
- Sydney 2022 (First Australian) – https://index.ieomsociety.org/index.cfm/conference/view/ID/39
- Rome 2022 (5th European) – https://index.ieomsociety.org/index.cfm/conference/view/ID/36
- Malaysia 2022 (3rd Asia Pacific) – https://index.ieomsociety.org/index.cfm/conference/view/ID/31
- Paraguay 2022 (3rd South American) https://index.ieomsociety.org/index.cfm/conference/view/ID/24