IEOM Graduate Student Paper Competition
Sponsored by: EATON Corporation
The IEOM GRADUATE Student Paper Competition sponsored by EATON will recognize outstanding papers in the field of industrial engineering, manufacturing engineering, service engineering, systems engineering, operations research, engineering management and operations management written by student(s). Selected papers will be considered for the competition and must be presented virtually at the 2022 Sydney, Australia Conference. The paper will be judged based on the technical content and presentation. Winners will receive award certificate. The winning awards will be given at the 2022 Sydney, Australia Conference.
- The submitter must be Graduate/Postgraduate (Masters or Doctoral) student
- Papers can be industry projects as part of a course or co-op/internship, or research projects done at the academic institution.
- Faculty and/or an industry member may serve as an advisor on a project, but the work should primarily be done by the student(s).
- The paper must be written by the student(s) with only minor outside editorial assistance. One or more advisors may appear as co-authors of a paper, but the student must be the ‘first author’.
- The paper must be presented virtually at the 2022 Sydney, Australia Conference.
Deadline for submission of papers: December July 1, 2022.
Authors must follow the 2022 IEOM Conference paper guidelines. Winning papers will be published in the conference proceedings and indexed by Scopus.
Each paper must be submitted online:
A group of academics / professionals will serve as judges and evaluate the papers and presentations. Scoring rubrics will be used for both parts of the judging.
1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will receive award certificates.
If you have any question for the IEOM Graduate Paper Competition, please contact: email@example.com.
Winners – Graduate Student Paper Competition Award sponsored by EATON Corporation
ID 665 Flexible Model to Design Closed Loop Supply Chain Network Under Uncertainties
Murtadha Aldoukhi, Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, College of Engineering, Northeastern University Boston, MA, USA
Surendra M. Gupta, Director of Laboratory for Responsible Manufacturing (LRM), Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, College of Engineering, Northeastern University Boston, MA, USA
ID 257 An Inventory Model for Growing Items with Quality Inspections and Permissible Shortages
Abdul Rehman Afzal and Hesham K. Alfares, Department of Systems Engineering, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran 31261, Saudi Arabia
ID 543 Modelling an Automobile Assembly Layout Plant Using Probabilistic Functions and Discrete Event Simulation
Nurul Nadiah Abdul Halim, S. Sarifah Radiah Shariff and Siti Meriam Zahari, Centre for Statistics and Decision Science Studies
Faculty of Computer and Mathematical Sciences, Universiti Teknologi MARA, Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia