IEOM Student Chapter at Middle East College, Oman
International IEOM Logistics and Supply Chain Management student chapter – Department of Management Studies, Middle East College, Muscat, Oman
- Dr. Deena R, Program Manager; Assistant Professor, Department of Management Studies, Middle East College, Muscat, Oman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Asad Ullah, Assistant Professor, Department of Management Studies, Middle East College, Muscat, Oman, email@example.com
- Dr. Masengu Reason, Senior lecturer,Department of Management Studies, Middle East College, Muscat , Oman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Shahid Imran (Senior Lecturer and Program Manager)
- Mr. Mohammed Salah El Din (Senior Lecturer)
Student Chapter Officers
- Hana Ossama Nabil Ahmed – Chair
- Mahira Malikmohammed Tajmohammed – Vice Chair
- Yaqeen Said Amur Al Riyami – Secretary
- Amna Abdullah Ali Saif Al Nasseri – Treasurer
- Hajar Mohammed Humaid Nasser Al Aamri – Media Officer
Student Chapter Members
- Hana Ossama Nabil Ahmed
- Mahira Malikmohammed Tajmohammed
- Yaqeen Said Amur Al Riyami
- Amna Abdullah Ali Saif Al Nasseri
- Hajar Mohammed Humaid Nasser Al Aamri
- Sheikha Ali Abdullah Al Harthy
- Anwar Habib Khalid Habib Al Rashdi Al Rashdi
- Mizna Nasser Rashid Waldwadi
- Jawaher Mohamed Said Al Fazari
- Yaqeen Said Amur Al Riyami
- Abdulaziz Ali Salim Ali Al Yaaqoubi
- Khalid Khalfan Mohammed Al Rawahi
- Maram Abdulwahab Ahmed Al Sharafi
- Abarar Khalifa Salim Al Wahaibi
- Al Reem Ali Salim Al Kaabi
Plan of activities
- Workshops and Seminars:
The student chapter will make efforts and focus on organizing and attending the workshops/ guest lectures and seminars related to logistics and supply chain management.
- Panel Discussions:
Panel discussions will be organized featuring subject matter experts featured from the industry segments like manufacturing, education, transportation, warehousing, food processing etc.
- Industrial or Plant visits / tours:
Chapter members will participate in various industry plant visits twice a year (One each semester). This activity will expose students to logistics and supply chain management issues in faced by industry and organizations.
- Communication skills development:
Chapter may consider an activity which will focus on professional communication development- Oral and written. This activity is important because effective communication skills are important success factor in management discipline. Enhancing the communication skills of the chapter members will add value to their membership and their future.
- Career Development:
The chapter will also try to focus on career development by reaching out to industry experts and alumni who can provide idea and tips on engaging employers. Industry human resources managers may also provide insight into the career opportunities. The chapter will try to promote the value of internships and Co-ops.
The chapter will try to do everything possible to encourage its members to build a network of individuals who may be able to assist in opening doors in the future. These contacts will be critical to the long term growth and career success.
- Poster and Paper contest:
Posters provide an opportunity to display projects as well as research. The chapter members will be encouraged to write research papers that may be presented in the annual international IEOM conference.
- Membership building:
The chapter members will continue to strive for adding new members. The IEOM society will recognize the outstanding chapter membership growth each year at its annual conference.
- Alumni Relations:
The chapter will consider establishing an Alumni IEOM chapter, as it is important to maintain and build relationship with alumni.
A group photo if available: