IEOM Saudi Arabia Chapter
Committee Members: 2020 – 2022
Dr. Umar Mustafa Al-Turki, Fellow IEOM
Professor, Systems Engineering Department
Former Dean, College of Computer Sciences and Engineering
King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Member, IEOM Global Council
Representative from various IEOM Student Chapters and universities
- King AbdulAziz University Jeddah
- King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals Dhahran
- King Saud University Riyadh
- King Faisal University Al-Ahsa
- Shaqra University Shaqra
- Umm Al-Qura University Makkah
- King Khalid University Abha
- Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University Dammam
- Qassim University
- King Abdulaziz University, Rabigh
- Al-Imam Muhammad Ibn Saud Islamic University Riyadh
- Princess Nora bint Abdulrahman University Riyadh
- Taibah University Medina
- King Abdullah University of Science and Technology Thuwal
- Prince Sattam Bin Abdulaziz University Al-Kharj
- Islamic University of Madinah
- Taif University Taif
- Jazan University
- University of Tabuk
- Prince Sultan University Riyadh
- University of Jeddah
- University of Ha’il
- Najran University
- Effat University
- Al Baha University
- University of Bisha
- Alfaisal University Riyadh
- University of Business and Technology Jeddah
- Webinars through zoom
- IEOM Saudi Student Conference
IEOM Student Chapters in Saudi Arabia
- Alfaisal University
- Effat University
- King Abdulaziz University (KAU)
- King Abdulaziz University (KAU), Rabigh
- King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM)
- King Saud University (KSU), Jeddah
- Umm Al-Qura University (UQU)
- Princes Nourah University (PNU)
- Prince Sattam Bin Abdulaziz University (PSAU)
- Prince Sultan University (PSU)
- Taibah University
- University of Tabuk
- University of Business and Technology
Committee: 2017 – 2019
Ahmed Aljabr, Engr. M.B.B.
Engr. Ahmed Aljabr has received Doctoral of Engineering in Manufacturing System from Lawrence Technological University. He received his Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt certification on 2010, Lean Six Sigma Blacknbelt certification on 2012, and lately his Lean Six Sigma Master Blackbelt certification on 2013.
Ahmed worked at International Automotive Components (IAC) on Dearborn, MI to install a solar photovoltaic panel system within their facility from the design to the installation and after build process. He also worked with Whitlam Label Co. Ins on Center Line, MI. His role was to layout the travel distance to minimize the non-value added transportation time on their factory.
He has plenty of training hours in deferent areas in Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Project Management, Quality Management, Continues Improvement, Supply Chain Management, Optimization, Simulation, Strategic Planning, Operations Management, Communication, and Public Relation.
In 2010, he received an Exemplary Leadership Award, Best leader of the year in from Lawrence Tech. University. In 2011, he received an Outstanding Leadership Award from Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission, DC.
Ahmed has involved with many activates. In 2009 to 2012 he was a President of Saudi Student Union at Lawrence Tech. University, and from 2010 to present, he is a President of the Arab-American Engineering and Architects Association, LTU Michigan. In 2014, he joins the Smart Manufacturing Group at LTU.
He holds MS. In Manufacturing System Engineering BS. In Mechanical Engineering, MS. In Manufacturing System Engineering. Certified in Entrepreneurial Program , all from Lawrence Technological University.
If one were to ask my friends to describe me, they would describe me as a pleasant, diverse, persistent, active and intelligent person. One of the most distinguishing characteristics that I possess is the diversity and breadth of the skills and experiences that I have obtained. I am a science alumnus with a flair for the arts. I have technical aptitude and management experience. I also have a passion for traveling and understanding different cultures of the world. All these elements have given me a broad outlook, with varying degrees of knowledge in a range of topics. I strongly believe that all these qualities will influence and augment my future career in academia.
In 2001, I have established my own private business, “Eshraqa Training Center”, which provides educational services, training and business consultation. The word Eshraqa in my language means brightening, which reflects my optimism about the future and my positive attitude.
I am also an active member in more than one nonprofit organization. Most recently, I created and was the founding president of the Saudi Club of Greensboro. In Saudi Arabia, I was active in the Friends’ of the Environment Group, which focuses and supports projects to keep the environment clean and safe. Another group was the Districts Centers Group, which focused on reinforcing the relationship between neighbors in each district, where I was responsible for the Research and Development Department. Moreover, I was a member of “Training Committee” in Jeddah Chamber of Commerce & Industry.
I am now completing my PhD in Industrial and Systems Engineering and seeking an academic position as a faculty member in Industrial and Systems Engineering and consultant in service design that will utilize my educational, interpersonal, and organizational capabilities.
Amr Alamri, M.B.B., PhD
Wayne State University Six Sigma Course
System Redesign Specialist, John D. Dingell VA Medical Center
Quality and Safety Supervisor, Almarai Company
Intern, Saudi Arabian Airlines
Problem Solving-Lean Manufacturing-Strategic Planning-Process Improvement-Operation Management-Organizational Development-Statistics-Process Engineering-Quality Management
– He received an Outstanding Graduate/Professional Student Award, Wayne State University -2012.
– Award of Merit for excellence in the Co-op Program, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals – 2003.
– President, Saudi Students Association, Wayne State University on 2011
Bachelor, System Engineering, King Fahad University of Petroleum & Minerals-04
Master, Industrial Engineering & MBA, Wayne State University-07
PHD, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Wayne State-14