Lean Six Sigma Workshop
September 24-25, 2016 (Saturday & Sunday)
Lawrence Tech Campus, Southfield, Michigan
Time: 8:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Six Sigma and Lean Green Belt Certification
4 hours – Lean Six Sigma Overview and Lean Awareness
1 hr lunch
Day 1: 2 hours – Define and Measure
Day 1: 2 hours – Analyze
Day 2: 1.5 hours – Improve
Day 2: 1.5 hours – Control
Day 2: 2 hours – How to do lean six sigma project in industrial applications
Day 2: 2 hours Project Closure and Wrapup
Workshop Sensai: Jayant Trewn, Ph.D.
- Six Sigma and Lean Green Belt training binder with all workshop materials
- The Lean Six Sigma Pocket Book
- Six Sigma project management tool – Structured Project Guide
- Project case studies
- Access to post workshop online (Moodle) training materials – 3 months free access
- Participants will work in a workshop format with data collected in a simulated project in the workshop
- Participants will learn to use the Structured project Guide and get a copy of same to use in their projects
- Participants will be given a Six Sigma Yellow Belt certificate with a provisional green belt certificate on completion of class
- Participants will be given a Six Sigma Green Belt on completion of a project signed off by their sponsor
Jayant Trewn, ASQ Fellow, Ph.D.
Jayant Trewn is an Industrial Engineer specializing in Quality Systems design, development, implementation and management. Jayant has accumulated over a decade of experience working in healthcare organizations such as Spectrum Health Medical Group, Beaumont Hospitals, and service organizations such as Thomson Reuters and Lason Systems, where he built healthcare and service delivery process improvement programs based on lean, Six Sigma and PDCA concepts. He also worked for two years at Thomson Reuters working as Director of Quality Assurance, IP and Science division, managing the quality of acquisition of data for scientific research. Jayant has been teaching quality engineering since 1997 in his roles as Adjunct Professor at Lawrence Technological University, Wayne State University and Oakland University, all in Michigan, in addition to giving quality engineering talks, seminars and workshops at numerous national and international conferences. Jayant has also served as a Research Analyst for Wayne State University, Center for Urban Studies and Office of Strategic Planning from 1993 to 1999. Jayant has written two books, Practical Lean Sigma for Healthcare and Multivariate Statistical Methods in Quality Engineering and he has been published in international journals. Jayant is a Fellow of ASQ and he holds a Doctorate degree in Industrial Engineering from the College of Engineering, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA. He earned his MBA in Information Systems at Wayne State University and his Bachelor of Engineering degree from Madras University, India. Connect with Jayant at LinkedIn.
Workshop certificate will be provided and CEU is available.
Registration Fee: $595