Undergraduate Student Paper Competition Sponsored by SIEMENS
The 2016 IEOM Student Paper Competition sponsored by SIEMENS will recognize outstanding papers in the field of industrial engineering, manufacturing engineering, systems engineering, engineering management, operations research and operations management written by student(s). Selected papers will be considered for the competition and must be presented at the Sixth International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations management to be held at Lawrence Tech campus. The paper will be judged based on the technical content and presentation on September 23, 2016. Winners will receive an award certificate and cash prizes based on sponsorship. The winning awards will be given at the 2016 IEOM Detroit Conference award dinner event on September 24, 2016.
- The submitter must me student or recent graduate
- Papers can be industry projects as part of a course or co-op/internship, or research projects done at the academic institution.
- Faculty and/or an industry member may serve as an advisor on a project, but the work should primarily be done by the student(s).
- The paper must be written by the student(s) with only minor outside editorial assistance. One or more advisors may appear as co-authors of a paper, but the student must be the ‘first author’.
- The paper must be presented at the 2016 IEOM Detroit Conference, September 23-25, 2016.
Deadline for submission of papers: August 31, 2016.
Authors must follow the IEOM conference paper guidelines since the papers will be published in the conference proceeding.
Submit your paper online: https://www.xcdsystem.com/IEOM/abstract/index.cfm?ID=SwIc2Rl.
A group of academics / professionals will serve as judge. Scoring rubrics will be used for both parts of the judging.
Winners: Award certificates and cash prizes will be given for the best student papers. 1st place ($500), 2nd place ($300) and 3rd place ($200)
If you have any question for the IEOM Undergraduate Student Paper Competition, please contact competition chair:
Abbas Mahmoudabadi, Ph.D.
Director, Master Program in Industrial Engineering (MPIE)
MehrAstan University, Gilan, Iran
Senior Expert on Traffic Safety and Public Transportation, Road Maintenance and Transport Organization, Tehran, Iran
Tel: +98(21) 844-98638, Fax: +98(21) 889-03884, Mobile: +98(912)1597537
E-mails: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact email@example.com for details.