Undergraduate Research Presentation Competition
The IEOM Undergraduate Research Presentation Competition will recognize outstanding research presentation in the field of industrial engineering and operations management presented by student(s). Students can submit paper or abstract only and at the 2016 IEOM Detroit Conference to be held at Lawrence Tech campus. The presentation will be judged based on the presentation only. A group of academics / professionals will serve as judges. Scoring rubrics will be used for technical content and presentation. Winners will receive award certificates and monetary prizes based on the sponsorship. The winning awards will be given at the 2016 IEOM Detroit Conference award dinner banquet on September 24, 2016.
- The submitter must be undergraduate student or recent graduate.
- Research can be industry sponsored projects as part of a course or co-op/internship, or research projects done at the academic institution.
- Faculty and/or an industry member may serve as an advisor on a project, but the work should primarily be done by the student(s).
- The abstract must be written by the student(s) with only minor outside editorial assistance. One or more advisors may appear as co-authors of an abstract or paper, but the student must be the ‘first author’.
- The abstract/paper must be presented at the 2016 IEOM Detroit Conference at Lawrence Tech on September 23, 2016.
Deadline for submission: August 31, 2016.
Author should submit an abstract or paper
Submit an abstract and your presentation online: https://www.xcdsystem.com/IEOM/abstract/index.cfm?ID=SwIc2Rl.
A group of academics / professionals will serve as judges. Scoring rubrics will be used for both parts of the judging.
Award certificates and cash prizes (based on sponsorship) will be given for the best student papers.
If you have any question for the IEOM Competitions, please contact competition chair.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.