International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management
Pretoria / Johannesburg, South Africa
October 29 – November 1, 2018
Venue: Saint George Hotel, 58 Mkhatshlua Ave, Doornkloof, Pretoria 0132, South Africa
THEME: Confronting the Realities of Multiple Technology Revolutions in the 21st Century
IEOM Society International is organizing 1st IEOM African International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management in Pretoria / Johannesburg, South Africa during October 29 – November 1, 2018. The conference aims to provide a forum for academics, researchers and practitioners to exchange ideas and recent developments in the field of Industrial Engineering and Operations Management. The conference is also expected to foster networking, collaboration and joint effort among the conference participants to advance the theory and practice as well as to identify major trends in Industrial Engineering and Operations Management.
Submission Link: https://www.xcdsystem.com/IEOM/abstract/index.cfm?ID=eX83H9v
Authors can submit full paper(s) or abstract(s) only. Authors MUST use the conference template to prepare papers or abstracts. IEOM Society encourages to submit full paper(s). All full papers will be subjected to double peer review. Accepted papers will be published in the Proceedings and indexed in SCOPUS. Any submission implies that an author will attend IEOM 2018 South Africa Conference and present the paper or abstract.
Venue is Saint George Hotel which is between Pretoria and Johannesburg with a beautiful setting and it is close to airport. Many airlines have direct flights to Johannesburg. Airport to hotel transportation will be arranged. Hotel room rate is approx. $70 per night. See conference website for details.
You will enjoy your visit to South Africa including:
- Big Five game safaris and how lions, leopards, rhinoceros (both black and white species), elephants, zebras, giraffe, Cape buffalo and other animals are living together in African jungles.
- Nearest safari is in Sun City (Pilanesberg National Park) which is only 2 hours driving distance from hotel venue.
- Kruger National Park is one of Africa’s largest game reserves.
- South Africa’s iconic landmarks (mountains) in magnificent style.
- Nelson Mandela Bridge and learn more about Nobel Laureate Nelson Mandela.
- The Union Buildings
- Cape Town Mountain National Park and magnificent view of Atlantic and Indian Oceans
- Undergraduate Student Paper Competition Sponsored by SIEMENS
- Graduate Student Paper Competition Sponsored by EATON Corporation
- Master Thesis Competition
- Doctoral Dissertation Competition
- Final Year Project (FYP)/Senior Capstone Design Project Poster Competition
- Undergraduate Research Competition
- High School and Middle School STEM Competition
- Simulation and PLM Competition
- Lean Six Sigma Case Study Competition
- Supply Chain and Logistics Competition
- Poster Competition
- Globally Competitive Rail Manufacturing
- Global Engineering Education
- Industry Solutions
- Women in Industry and Academy
- Panel Sessions
- Paper submission deadline: July 30, 2018
- Notification of acceptance: August 7, 2018
- Camera-ready submission deadline: August 15, 2018
- Registration deadline: August 30, 2018
- Conference: October 29 – November 1, 2018
- Dr. Bolanle Tolulope Abe, Tshwane University of Technology (TUT)
- Prof. Mukondeleli Grace Kanakana, University of South Africa (UNISA)
- Prof. Charles Mbohwa, University of Johannesburg (UJ)
- Prof. Khumbulani Mpofu, Tshwane University of Technology (TUT)
- Prof. John Alfred Trimble, Tshwane University of Technology (TUT)
- Prof. Thomas Tengen, Vaal University of Technology (VUT)
- Prof. Sarma Yadavalli, University of Pretoria (UP)
- Tshwane University of Technology (TUT), Pretoria, South Africa
- University of Johannesburg (UJ), South Africa
- University of Pretoria (UP), South Africa
- University of South Africa (UNISA)
- Vaal University of Technology (VUT), South Africa
- Lawrence Technological University (LTU), Michigan, USA
- University of New Brunswick (UNB) at Fredericton, Canada
- African Engineering Education Association (AEES)
- BKSTI: Agency for Cooperation of Higher Education of Industrial Engineering, Indonesia
- Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering (IIIE)
- International Federation of Engineering Education Societies (IFEES)
- Pakistan Society of Industrial Engineers (PSIE)
- Society of Cost and Quality Engineers (SCQE)
Attendance Certificates will be provided for conference participants. Continuous Education Unit (CEU) is available. IEOM Society International will provide some awards and recognition at the 2018 IEOM Bandung event.
Past Conference Programs
- Program – IEOM 2018 Washington DC
- Program – IEOM 2018 Paris
- Program – IEOM 2018 Bandung
- Program – IEOM 2017 Bogota
- Program – IEOM 2017 UK (Bristol)
- Program – IEOM 2017 Rabat, Morocco
- Program – IEOM 2016 Detroit
- Program – IEOM 2016 Kuala Lumpur
- Program – IEOM 2015 Orlando
- Program – IEOM 2015 Dubai
- Program – IEOM 2014 Bali
- Program – IEOM 2012 Istanbul
- Program – IEOM 2011 Malaysia
- Program – IEOM 2010 Dhaka
IEOM Society International is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, registered with the State of Michigan and tax exemption status approved by IRS.
Scopus Indexing of IEOM Papers
IEOM Society International is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization approved by IRS (USA).
WEEF 2017 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | IFEES, November 13-16, 2017
Photos of Past Events
IEOM has joined ESD (Engineering Society of Detroit) as an affiliated organization
IEOM Conference Proceedings
ISSN: 2169-8767 (U.S. Library of Congress)
IEOM Detroit 2016
IEOM 2016 KL
IEOM Orlando 2015
IEOM 2015 Dubai
IEOM 2014 Bali
IEOM 2012 Istanbul
IEOM 2011 KL
IEOM 2010 Dhaka