IEOM Student Chapter at Bangladesh Institute of Management (BIM), Dhaka, Bangladesh
IEOM BIM Student Chapter
Prof. Dr. Engr. Md. Mamunur Rashid
Ph.D in Manufacturing Engineering from Japan.
Former Professor of Industrial Engineering Department, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia.
Senior Management Counselor
Head , Production Management Division
Bangladesh Institute of Management (BIM)
4, Sobhanbag, Dhanmandi, Mirpur Road, Dhaka-1207
BIM Website: http://www.bim.gov.bd/
Chapter Officers: 2021 – 2022
- President: Md. Nur-E-Alam Siddiky
- Secretary: Md Mehedi Ashiq
Chapter Members: 2021 – 2022
- Syed Ahammod Ali
- Shakhawat Hasan Khan
- Jakir Hussain
- Md. Rezaul Islam Tanim
- Masudur Rahman
- Mohammad Salahuddin
- Md. Shahabul Alam Shakil
- Farzana Afroz
- S M Rashidul Islam
- Hasan Riaz Ahmed
- Raihan Ahmed
- Engr. Md. Abu Ayub
- Mohammad Yusuf Harun
- K.M. Aminul Haque
- Md. Tariful Tawhid
- Nasar Ahammad
- Md Mamunur Rashid
- Samoren Ghosh
- Bissanath Kumar Sadhu
Chapter Officers: 2019 – 2021
- President: Fakrul Islam
- Vice President: Md. Riashat Kamal
- Director of Administration: Md. Enamul Haque
- Director of Finance: Ayisha Siddiqa
- Director of Webmaster and Social Media: Tanjida Jahan
- Director of Program: Sk. Safwate Ahmed
- Director of Membership:
- Md. Mehedi Hasan
- Md. Kamruzzaman
- Director of Communication: Aklima Akter Liza
- Workshops and Seminars – The chapter can sponsor workshops and seminars that focus on industrial engineering and operations management. Panel discussions featuring subject matter experts could be featured by industry segments: manufacturing, health, hospitality, education, chemical and plastic, food processing, etc.
- Industry Speakers – Chapters could sponsor events in which experience industrial engineers and operations managers present current issues faced by industry. This may also provide an opportunity for chapters to engage their alumni. This type of an event can also provide an opportunity to network and learn about potential employment.
- Plant Tours – Chapter members should participate in various industry plant visits. This activity will expose students to industrial engineering and operations management in faced by industry and organizations.
- Communication Development – Chapter may consider an activity that focuses on professional communication development – oral and written. Effective communication skills are an important success factor in the engineering and management disciplines. Enhancing the communication skills of chapter members adds value to their membership and their future.
- Career Development – The chapter should also focus on career development by reaching out to Industrial Engineering and Operations Management alumni who can provides ideas and tips on engaging employers. Industry human resources managers also may provide insight into the career opportunities. The chapter should also promote the value of internships and co-ops.
- Networking – The chapter should do everything possible to encourage its members to build a network of individuals who may be able to assist in opening doors in the future. These contacts are critical to the long term growth and career success.
- Poster and Paper Contest – Chapter can sponsor a poster contest that has an industrial engineering and operations management focus. Posters provide an opportunity to display senior design projects and as well as research. The chapter can encourage students to write papers that may be presented in the Annual International IEOM Conference.
- Fund Raising – Chapters should engage in fund raising activities including picnic and outdoor activities. This is necessary to support the various chapter events.
- Membership Building – Chapters must continue to recruit new members. The IEOM Society will recognize the outstanding chapter membership growth each year at its annual conference.
- Community Outreach – Chapters should engage in promoting industrial engineering and operations management as an outstanding career opportunity. This activity could focus on high school students. In addition, the members of the chapter could provide industrial engineering consulting to not-for-profit organizations.
- Alumni Relations – Chapter should considering establishing an alumni IEOM chapter. It is important to maintain and build relationship with alumni.