IEOM Supply Chain and Logistics Competition
10th Annual IEOM Dubai Conference
March 10-12, 2020, Dubai, UAE
Venue: Hyatt Regency Dubai
Registration is open. complete the form at the end of this page
Period Receiving Registrations for Phase 1: January 1st to January 31st, 2020 (Case Study will be sent to the participants when they register)
Results of Phase 1 Communicated to Participants: by 7th February
Phase 2: Case study will be handed over to participants on March 10, 2020 at the IEOM Dubai Conference venue and participants will solve it and deliver a power point to the committee
The IEOM Supply Chain and Logistics Competition provides an opportunity for undergraduate and postgraduate students as well as recent graduates to show and demonstrate their skills, knowledge and technical capabilities to solve challenging problems currently faced by the supply chain and logistics sector.
General Rules and Guidelines
- Submissions could be as individuals or a team of 2-3 members.
- All participants should be current undergraduate, postgraduate or recent graduate students.
- Finalist teams will be invited to participate in a live competition in the 10th International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management (IEOM) to take place in the Hyatt Regency Dubai Hotel, UAE, March 10-12, 2020.
- The supply chain and logistics case study must be solved completely by the team members.
- Submission must be within the deadlines and no late submissions will be accepted.
Phase 1 – ONLINE
- Consists of a technical case study that requires the use of IE or OM knowledge and tools to be analyzed and solved.
- The case study will be sent to the team once the registration is completed.
- It is free for participants to join the first phase virtual competition.
Phase 2 – Dubai
- A live phase at the 10th IEOM Annual Conference at Hyatt Regency Dubai on March 10, 2020.
- Consists of a technical case that needs to be solved, analyzed and presented.
- The case study description will be given to the finalist teams at the conference.
- Final phase teams must register and pay the registration fee and attend the conference for the final case study solution and presentation.
AWARDS / Trophies
1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies and certificates will be provided.
Awards will be presented at the 10th International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management (IEOM) awards dinner on March 12, 2020.
IEOM Supply Chain and Logistics Competition is Coordinated by
The Centre for Supply Chain Improvement, University of Derby, UK
- Prof. Jose Arturo Garza-Reyes, Professor of Operations Management and Head of the Centre for Supply Chain Improvement (J.Reyes@derby.ac.uk)
- Dr. Simon Peter Nadeem, Lecturer in Operations and Supply Chain Management (S.Nadeem@derby.ac.uk)
- Dr. Anil Kumar, Lecturer in Operations, Supply Chain and Business Analytics (A.Kumar@derby.ac.uk)
- Dr. Tony Anosike, Lecturer in Supply Chain Management (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr. Jay Daniel, Senior Lecturer in Logistics and Supply Chain (J.Daniel@derby.ac.uk
(c) IEOM Society International