Hamid R. Parsaei Global Distinguished Educator Award
The IEOM Global Distinguished Educator Award recognizes industrial engineering and operations management educators who has significantly contributed to the field through publication of books, articles in the peer reviewed journals, extramurally funded research, creative teaching methods, and developing teaching aides including software and other innovative methods. The nominee is expected to have administrative experience in academic institution of higher education.
- 2022 –
Nominees must be at least 40 years old and a member of the IEOM Society for a minimum of 5 consecutive years with a minimum of 15 years of combined academic and administrative experience.
- Only one award is presented per year to an eligible member
- The nomination package must clearly and objectively describe the nominees’ academic contributions to the field and administrative accomplishments. The nomination must describe the nominees teaching and research innovations and their impact in the field. This would include published textbooks, reference books, journal publications, funded research, etc.
- A nomination letter, not exceeding two pages, highlighting clearly the candidate’s distinguished contributions to IEOM education, services to the IEOM profession and the Society accomplishments per the award requirements
- Two letters of recommendations, each not exceeding two pages, from colleagues or immediate supervisors
- An abbreviated resume, not exceeding 8 pages, describing the candidate’s accomplishments
Submission of Nomination Packages:
- The nomination package must be postmarked or sent electronically to the attention of the Chair of the IEOM Awards and Recognitions Committee by November 1st (electronic submission is highly encouraged at email@example.com).
This award is presented at the IEOM annual international conference and receipt receives a 3 minute time to express words at the podium.