IEOM Undergraduate Student Paper Competition 2016
Sponsored by: SIEMENS
The 2016 IEOM Student Paper Competition sponsored by SIEMENS will recognize outstanding papers in the field of industrial engineering and operations management written by student(s). Selected papers will be considered for the competition and must be presented at the 2016 IEOM Conference at JW Marriott, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The paper will be judged based on the technical content and presentation on March 8, 2016 in KL. Winners will receive an award certificate and cash prize. The winning awards will be given at the 2016 IEOM conference award and dinner event on March 9, 2016 at JW Marriott KL.
- The submitter must me student or recent graduate
- Papers can be industry projects as part of a course or co-op/internship, or research projects done at the academic institution.
- Faculty and/or an industry member may serve as an advisor on a project, but the work should primarily be done by the student(s).
- The paper must be written by the student(s) with only minor outside editorial assistance. One or more advisors may appear as co-authors of a paper, but the student must be the ‘first author’.
- The paper must be presented at the 2016 IEOM Conference in Kuala Lumpur, March 8 -10, 2016.
Deadline for submission of papers: October 31, 2015.
Authors must follow the IEOM 2016 paper guidelines since the winning papers will be published in the conference proceedings (http://iieom.org/ieom2016/).
Each paper can be submitted in electronic format (PDF file) to the undergraduate student paper competition committee chairs: Dr. Abbas Mahmoudabadi (A-Mahmoudabadi@rmto.ir) or Dr. Fatih Mutlu, Qatar University, Doha, Qatar (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than October 31, 2015.
A group of academics / professionals will serve as judge. Scoring rubrics will be used for both parts of the judging.
1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will receive award certificates and a monetary prize (First place – $500, Second place – $300 and Third place – $200).
Abbas Mahmoudabadi, Ph.D.
Director, Master Program in Industrial Engineering (MPIE)
MehrAstan University, Gilan, Iran
Senior Expert on Traffic Safety and Public Transportation, Road Maintenance and Transport Organization, Tehran, Iran
Tel: +98(21) 844-98638, Fax: +98(21) 889-03884, Mobile: +98(912)1597537
E-mails: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org