IEOM Graduate Student Paper Competition 2016
Sponsored by: EATON Corporation
The IEOM GRADUATE Student Paper Competition sponsored by EATON will recognize outstanding papers in the field of industrial engineering, manufacturing engineering, service engineering, systems engineering, operations research, engineering management and operations management written by student(s). Selected papers will be considered for the competition and must be presented at the 2016 IEOM Malaysia Conference at JW Marriott Hotel Kuala Lumpur on March 8, 2016. The paper will be judged based on the technical content and presentation. Winners will receive certificate and monetary award based on the sponsorship. The winning awards will be given at the 2016 IEOM KL Conference award banquet on March 9, 2016.
- The submitter must be Graduate/Postgraduate (Masters or Doctoral) student
- Papers can be industry projects as part of a course or co-op/internship, or research projects done at the academic institution.
- Faculty and/or an industry member may serve as an advisor on a project, but the work should primarily be done by the student(s).
- The paper must be written by the student(s) with only minor outside editorial assistance. One or more advisors may appear as co-authors of a paper, but the student must be the ‘first author’.
- The paper must be presented at the 2016 IEOM Malaysia Conference at JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur Hotel on March 8, 2016.
Deadline for submission of papers: October 31, 2015.
Authors must follow the 2016 IEOM Annual Conference paper guidelines since the winning papers will be published in the conference proceedings, IEEE Explore and indexed by Scopus.
Each paper must be submitted in electronic format (PDF file) to Dr. Ahm Shamsuzzoha, Sultan Qaboos University, Oman (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than October 31, 2015.
A group of academics / professionals will serve as judges and evaluate the papers and presentations. Scoring rubrics will be used for both parts of the judging.
1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will receive award certificates and a monetary prize (First place – $500, Second place – $300 and Third place – $200).
If you have any question for the IEOM Graduate Paper Competition, please contact: email@example.com.