IEOM Siemens PLM Student Design Competition
Sponsored by: SIEMENS
The IEOM Siemens PLM Student Design Competition will recognize outstanding designs created by student(s) using any Siemens Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software. This includes: NX (formerly known as Unigraphics), Solidedge, Teamceter, and Tecnomatix. Students can submit an abstract and present their unique design at the Sixth International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management that will be held at JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur Hotel on March 8, 2016. The competition will be judged based on the design poster presentation at the conference. A group of academics / professionals will serve as judges. A scoring rubric will be used for judging. Winners will receive an award certificate and monetary prize. The winning awards will be presented and recognized at the 2016 IEOM Kuala Lumpur Conference award dinner banquet on March 8, 2016.
First Prize: $2,000
Second Prize: $1,000
Third Prize: $500
- Design must be rendered using SIEMENS PLM SOFTWARE
- Drawing file must be in a jpg format
- Images must accompany a submission of IEOM Malaysia 2016 Conference
- Color poster must be displayed at the Conference
- Summary of the design must be added in the IEOM submission system
- Design should be unique and has not received any other award
- The submitter must be a student or recent graduate.
- A team can also participate in the competition
- Faculty and/or an industry member may serve as an advisor on a project; however, the work must be that of the student(s).
- The design poster and abstract must be prepared by the student(s) with only minor outside editorial assistance. One or more advisors may appear as co-authors on the abstract; however, the student must be the ‘first author’.
- The PLM design must be presented at the 2016 IEOM Annual Conference at the JW Marriot Kuala Lumpur Hotel on March 8, 2016.
Deadline for submission: January 31, 2016.
Author should submit an abstract and bring Siemens PLM Design in a poster at the IEOM 2016 Kuala Lumpur Conference for presentation.
Submit an abstract online: https://www.xcdsystem.com/IEOM/abstract/index.cfm?ID=2ntobg6.
PLM Design posters will be judged by industry and academic professionals. The following factors will be considered:
- Impact of the design
- Complexity and details
- Innovative approach of the design
- Quality of the design
- Overall poster presentation
1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will receive award certificates and a monetary prize (First place – $2,000, Second place – $1,000 and Third place – $500).
If you have any question for the IEOM PLM Design Competition, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.