Call for Papers and Presentations (Flyer)
IEOM Society is organizing the 2nd Indian International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management in Warangal, India, during August 16-18, 2022. The conference aims to provide a forum for academics, researchers and practitioners to exchange ideas and recent developments in the field of Industrial Engineering and Operations Management. The conference is also expected to foster networking, collaboration and joint effort among the conference participants to advance the theory and practice as well as to identify major trends in Industrial Engineering and Operations Management.
Submission Site: https://www.xcdsystem.com/IEOM/abstract/index.cfm?ID=PvafCt5
Authors can submit full paper(s) or abstract(s) only. Authors MUST use the conference template to prepare papers or abstracts. IEOM Society encourages to submit full paper(s). All full papers will be subjected to double peer review. Accepted papers will be published in the proceedings and indexed. Any submission implies that an author will present the paper or abstract virtually or orally.
If you need an acceptance letter/invitation letter or have any question, please contact Ms. Rocksana Ahmed (email@example.com).
- Undergraduate Student Paper Competition Sponsored by SIEMENS
- Undergraduate Research Competition
- Senior Design Project / FYP Competition sponsored by Tooling Tech Group
- Graduate Student Paper Competition Sponsored by EATON Corporation
- Masters Thesis Competition
- Ph.D./Doctoral Dissertation Competition
- High School STEM Competition
- Human Factors and Ergonomics Competition
- Lean Six Sigma Competition sponsored by Tooling Tech Group
- Simulation Competition
- Supply Chain and Logistics Competition
- Poster Competition
IEOM Competition Rubrics
- Overall content: 1-5 points
- Data analysis and results: 1-5 points
- Presentation skills: 1-5 points
- Knowledge of the topic / confident: 1-5 points
- Answering questions: 1-5 points
- Global Engineering Education (GEE)
- Global Business Management Education
- Industry 4.0 / Industry Solutions
- Diversity and Inclusion / Women in Industry and Academia (WIIAA)
- Abstract/Paper Submission: June 30, 2022
- Review Feedback: July 15, 2022
- Registration Deadline: July 20, 2022
- Final Paper: (camera ready) July 31, 2022
August 16-18, 2022
Technical Parallel Sessions / Tracks
Track I: Industrial Engineering & Operations Management
- Lean and Six Sigma
- Inventory Management
- Operations Management
- Supply Chain / Supply Chain Sustainability / Green Supply Chain
- Operations Research
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- Product Design and Development
- Healthcare Operations and Services
- Technology Management
- Environmental Systems Engineering
- Production Planning and Management
- Quality Control/Total Quality Management
- Reliability and Maintenance
- Project Management
- Statistical Process Monitoring
- Human Factors and Ergonomics
- System Dynamics
- Facilities Planning and Management
- Occupational Safety and Health
- Work Design, Measurement and ISO
Track 2: Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Automation and Control
- Cellular Manufacturing
- Agile Manufacturing
- Modeling and Simulation
- Sensors and Sensing
- Automotive Manufacturing Systems
- Mechatronics & IIoT
- Industry 4.0
- Systems Engineering
- CAD, Applications and Computing
- Design and Analysis
Track 3 : Business Management
- Information Systems and Management
- Financial Management
- Business Statistics
- Systems and Services Management
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Construction Management
- Transportation and Traffic Management
- Industrial Management/Engineering Management
- Decision Sciences
- E-business and e-commerce
- Case Studies
Track 4: Computers and Artificial Intelligence
- Cyber Security
- Data Analytics / Business Analytics
- Computers and Computing
- Software Testing and Quality Assurance
- IoT/ IIoT
- Big Data
- Smart Mobility
- Information Technology
Track 5: Energy
- Renewable Energy sources
- Oil and Gas
- Fuel Cells
- Electric vehicles
- Heat transfer analysis of energy systems
- Defence and Aviation
- Automobile Engineering
- IC Engines & Alternate Fuels
Track 6: Manufacturing
- Additive and Subtractive Manufacturing
- Non -traditional Manufacturing Process
- Advanced Materials process
- Composite Materials
- Sustainable Manufacturing
- Manufacturing science
- Production Engineering
Paper Formatting Guidelines
- Paper Title should be 18 font with bold and center justification.
- All titles should be in standard mixed case, where the first letter of each word is capitalized and followed by lower case letters, as noted here: “Lean Manufacturing, Operations Management and Six Sigma Applications”
Authors and Affiliations
- Author name – 12 font with bold and center justification
- Affiliation – 12 font with center justification
- Authors with same affiliation should be together
- Authors with different affiliation should be listed separately with one space in between
- Email can be added for each author
- Single space between affiliation and abstract title
- Abstract title – 12 font with bold and center justification
- Abstract text – 10 font with full justification
- Abstract not exceeding 200 words.
Keywords (12 font)
Keyword 1, Keyword 2, Keyword 3, Keyword 4 and Keyword 5. (10 font)
- No more than five keywords (10 font)
- 8 1/2″ X 11″ paper
- All margins: 1.00″
- Full justification
- Times New Roman font
- Maximum 12 pages
- Minimum 8 pages
- Single space for entire manuscript
- Each paper should have abstract, introduction, literature review with minimum 15 citations including some recent publications, methods, data analysis, numerical and graphical results, statistical analysis, validation, conclusion and references.
- Conference header should be “Proceedings of the 5th NA International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management, Detroit, Michigan, USA, August 10 – 14, 2020” and copyright information as footer must be used as “© IEOM Society International”. Copyright information implies that IEOM Society International has right to publication the paper.
1. Headings (12 font)
- 12 font size with bold and left justification
- Header should have numbering
- No space between header and text
1.1 Sub-Headings (11 font)
- Title – 11 font with sub-numbering
- Text – 10 font with no indexing
- One space between paragraphs
- No space between header and text
- Texts of figure should be readable
- Original high quality pictures
- Center justification
- Title of Figure should be in center and it must be mentioned as “Figure x: …”
- Title of figure should be sentence case with center justification and 10 font
- Title should be after figure
- All figure numbers must be mentioned in the body of the paper.
- One space between texts and figure, figure and title of the figure and title of the figure and texts.
Insert Figure Here
Figure 1. Name of the figure
- Texts of table should be readable
- Center justification
- Title of table should be in center and it must be mentioned as “Table x: …” It should be added before table.
- Title of table should be sentence case with center justification and 10 font size
- All table numbers must be mentioned in the body of the paper.
- One space between texts and table, table and title of the table and title of the table and texts.
Table 1. Name of the table
Insert Table Here
- Equation numbering is optional.
- Add acknowledgement if needed
- References title – 12 font with bold and left justification
- References texts – 10 font
- No numbering should be used for reference title
- Last name and year should be used for any reference citation. Last name and year should be used for single author and double authors. For more than two authors, last name of the first author and “et al.” with year should be used. For examples: Reimer (2009), (Reimer 2009), Reimer and Ali (2009), (Reimer and Ali 2009), Reimer et al. (2009) and (Reimer et al. 2009). Number is not allowed in the reference citation.
- All references must be cited in the paper.
- Journal and conference names should in in italic.
- Title of the book should be in italic.
- All lines after the first line of references list should be indented one-fourth (1/4) inch from the left margin. This is called hanging indentation. .
- Last name and first initial should be should in the reference formatting like below examples.
- Internet resources should have author(s) if any, title of website, company or organization, URL, Accessed Day.
Sample Reference Format (Alphabetical Order)
- Chang, T., Wysk, R., and Wang, H., Computer-Aided Manufacturing, 3rd Edition, Prentice Hall, New Jersey, 2006.
- Cook, V., and Ali, A., End-of-line inspection for annoying noises in automobiles: trends and perspectives, Applied Acoustic, vol. 73, no. 3, pp. 265-275, 2012.
- Khadem, M., Ali, A., and Seifoddini, H., Efficacy of lean metrics in evaluating the performance of manufacturing system, International Journal of Industrial Engineering, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 176-184, 2008.
- Krstovski, S. , IEOM Lean Six Sigma Global Competition: COVID-19 Pandemic, IEOM Society, http://ieomsociety.org/ieom/covid-19/, Accessed Day: June 9, 2020.
- Pandian, A., and Ali, A., Automotive robotic body shop simulation for performance improvement using plant feedback, International Journal of Industrial and Systems Engineering, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 269-291, 2011.
- Rahim, A., and Khan, M., Optimal determination of production run and initial settings of process parameters for a deteriorating process, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, April 2007, vol. 32, no. 7-8, pp. 747-756, 2007.
- Rahman, M. A., Sarker, B. R., and Escobar, L. A., Peak demand forecasting for a seasonal product using Bayesian approach, Journal of the Operational Research Society, vol. 62, pp. 1019-1028, 2011.
- Reimer, D., Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Available: http://www.ieomsociet.org/ieom/newsletters/, July 2020.
- Reimer, D., and Ali, A., Engineering education and the entrepreneurial mindset at Lawrence Tech, Proceedings of the International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management, Istanbul, Turkey, pp. xx-xx, July 3 – 6, 2012.
- Shetty, D., Ali, A., and Cummings, R., A model to assess lean thinking manufacturing initiatives, International Journal of Lean Six Sigma, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 310-334, 2010.
- Srinivasan, G., Arcelus, F.J., and Pakkala, T.P.M., A retailer’s decision process when anticipating a vendor’s temporary discount offer, Computers and Industrial Engineering, vol. 57, pp. 253-260, 2009.
Biography / Biographies (for single author – biography and multiple authors- biographies) – 12 font bold
- Include bio of each author at the end of the paper
- Limited to 200 words
Ahad Ali is an Associate Professor, and Director of Master of Engineering in Manufacturing Systems and Master of Science in Industrial Engineering in the A. Leon Linton Department of Mechanical Engineering at the Lawrence Technological University, Michigan, USA. He earned B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Khulna University of Engineering and Technology, Bangladesh, Masters in Systems and Engineering Management from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore and PhD in Industrial Engineering from University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. He has published journal and conference papers. Dr Ali has completed research projects with Chrysler, Ford, New Center Stamping, Whelan Co., Progressive Metal Manufacturing Company, Whitlam Label Company, DTE Energy, Delphi Automotive System, GE Medical Systems, Harley-Davidson Motor Company, International Truck and Engine Corporation (ITEC), National/Panasonic Electronics, and Rockwell Automation. His research interests include manufacturing, simulation, optimization, reliability, scheduling, manufacturing, and lean. He is member of IEOM, INFORMS, SME and IEEE.
Donald M. Reimer is the managing member of The Small Business Strategy Group, L.L.C and serves as an adjunct professor at Lawrence Technological University. Mr. Reimer holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Management from Lawrence Technological University and a Master of Arts degree in Political Science from University of Detroit/Mercy. He has been recognized as a professional management consultant with over 45 years of experience in working with closely-held businesses. He has taught courses in entrepreneurship, management and corporate entrepreneurship and innovation for engineers. Mr. Reimer served as member of the Minority Economic Development Committee of New Detroit. He has served as a KEEN Fellow for The Kern Family Foundation. He is member of the Lawrence Tech Alumni Board of Directors and has elected a Fellow of the IEOM Society International. Mr. Reimer is a faculty advisor of the Student Chapter of the IEOM Society at Lawrence Tech.