Call for Papers and Presentations (Flyer)
Submission Deadline Extended to September 30, 2020
IEOM Society is organizing the 2nd African International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management in Harare, Zimbabwe during December 7-10, 2020. The conference aims to provide a forum for academics, researchers and practitioners to exchange ideas and recent developments in the field of Industrial Engineering and Operations Management. The conference is also expected to foster networking, collaboration and joint effort among the conference participants to advance the theory and practice as well as to identify major trends in Industrial Engineering and Operations Management. Due to the global pandemic, the event will be virtual. If situation permits, some events will be held locally.
Submission Site: https://www.xcdsystem.com/IEOM/abstract/index.cfm?ID=ITx8cpK
Authors can submit full paper(s) or abstract(s) only. Authors MUST use the conference template to prepare papers or abstracts. IEOM Society encourages to submit full paper(s). All full papers will be subjected to double peer review. Accepted papers will be published in the proceedings and indexed by Scopus. PREVIOUS IEOM PAPERS ARE IN SCOPUS ALREADY. Any submission implies that an author will deliver a virtual or oral presentation of the paper or abstract.
Paper Template WORD (*.docx)
Abstract Template WORD (*.docx)
SELECTED PAPERS WILL BE PUBLISHED IN IJIEOM (International Journal of Industrial Engineering and Operations Management).
If you need an acceptance letter/invitation letter or have any question, please contact Dr. Taufiq Islam (email@example.com).
Topics covering industrial issues/applications and academic research include, but are not limited to:
Automation and Robotics
Computers and Computing
Defense Management Science
E-Business and E-Commerce
Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Environmental Systems Engineering
Facilities Planning and Management
Human Factors and Ergonomics
Humanitarian Supply Chain Management for COVID-19
IE / OM in Africa
Information Technology and Information Systems
Lean and Six Sigma
Material Flow Cost Accounting (MFCA)
Modeling and Simulation
Occupational Safety and Health (OSH)
Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
Production Planning and Management
Quality Control and Management
Reliability and Maintenance
Sensors and Sensing Systems
Service Systems and Service Management
Software Testing and Quality Assurance
Statistics and Optimization
Supply Chain Management
Sustainability and Green Systems
Sustainability in Supply Chain, Enterprise Operations and Strategies including Food Supply Chain
Total Quality Management
Transportation and Traffic
Work Design, Measurement, Standardization and ISO
- Undergraduate Student Paper Competition sponsored by SIEMENS
- Graduate Student Paper Competition sponsored by EATON
- Master Thesis Competition
- Doctoral Dissertation Competition
- Senior Capstone Design Project Competition sponsored by Tooling Tech Group
- Undergraduate Research Competition
- High School and Middle School STEM Competition
- Lean Six Sigma Competition sponsored by Tooling Tech Group
- Simulation Competition
- Supply Chain and Logistics Competition
- Undergraduate and Graduate Poster Competition
Global Engineering Education (GEE)
Global Business Management Education
Women in Industry and Academia (WIIAA)
Panel Sessions on GEE and WIIAA
Abstract/Paper Submission: September 30, 2020
Review Feedback: October 15, 2020
Final Paper: November 15, 2020
Conference: December 8-10, 2020
Paper Formatting Guidelines
- Paper Title should be 18 font with bold and center justification.
- All titles should be in standard mixed case, where the first letter of each word is capitalized and followed by lower case letters, as noted here: “Lean Manufacturing, Operations Management and Six Sigma Applications”
Authors and Affiliations
- Author name – 12 font with bold and center justification
- Affiliation – 12 font with center justification
- Authors with same affiliation should be together
- Authors with different affiliation should be listed separately with one space in between
- Email can be added for each author
- Single space between affiliation and abstract title
- Abstract title – 12 font with bold and center justification
- Abstract text – 10 font with full justification
- Abstract not exceeding 200 words.
Keywords (12 font)
Keyword 1, Keyword 2, Keyword 3, Keyword 4 and Keyword 5. (10 font)
- No more than five keywords (10 font)
- 8 1/2″ X 11″ paper
- All margins: 1.00″
- Full justification
- Times New Roman font
- Maximum 12 pages
- Minimum 8 pages
- Single space for entire manuscript
- Each paper should have abstract, introduction, literature review with minimum 15 citations including some recent publications, methods, data analysis, numerical and graphical results, statistical analysis, validation, conclusion and references.
- Conference header should be “Proceedings of the 2nd African International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management, Harare, Zimbabwe, December 8-10, 2020” and copyright information as footer must be used as “© IEOM Society International”. Copyright information implies that IEOM Society International has right to publication the paper.
1. Headings (12 font)
- 12 font size with bold and left justification
- Header should have numbering
- No space between header and text
1.1 Sub-Headings (11 font)
- Title – 11 font with sub-numbering
- Text – 10 font with no indexing
- One space between paragraphs
- No space between header and text
- Texts of figure should be readable
- Original high quality pictures
- Center justification
- Title of Figure should be in center and it must be mentioned as “Figure x: …”
- Title of figure should be sentence case with center justification and 10 font
- Title should be after figure
- All figure numbers must be mentioned in the body of the paper.
- One space between texts and figure, figure and title of the figure and title of the figure and texts.
Insert Figure Here
Figure 1. Name of the figure
- Texts of table should be readable
- Center justification
- Title of table should be in center and it must be mentioned as “Table x: …” It should be added before table.
- Title of table should be sentence case with center justification and 10 font size
- All table numbers must be mentioned in the body of the paper.
- One space between texts and table, table and title of the table and title of the table and texts.
Table 1. Name of the table
Insert Table Here
- Equation numbering is optional.
- Add acknowledgement if needed
- References title – 12 font with bold and left justification
- References texts – 10 font
- No numbering should be used for reference title
- Last name and year should be used for any reference citation. Last name and year should be used for single author and double authors. For more than two authors, last name of the first author and “et al.” with year should be used. For examples: Reimer (2009), (Reimer 2009), Reimer and Ali (2009), (Reimer and Ali 2009), Reimer et al. (2009) and (Reimer et al. 2009). Number is not allowed in the reference citation.
- All references must be cited in the paper.
- Journal and conference names should in in italic.
- Title of the book should be in italic.
- All lines after the first line of references list should be indented one-fourth (1/4) inch from the left margin. This is called hanging indentation. .
- Last name and first initial should be should in the reference formatting like below examples.
- Internet resources should have author(s) if any, title of website, company or organization, URL, Accessed Day.
Sample Reference Format (Alphabetical Order)
- Chang, T., Wysk, R., and Wang, H., Computer-Aided Manufacturing, 3rd Edition, Prentice Hall, New Jersey, 2006.
- Cook, V., and Ali, A., End-of-line inspection for annoying noises in automobiles: trends and perspectives, Applied Acoustic, vol. 73, no. 3, pp. 265-275, 2012.
- Khadem, M., Ali, A., and Seifoddini, H., Efficacy of lean metrics in evaluating the performance of manufacturing system, International Journal of Industrial Engineering, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 176-184, 2008.
- Krstovski, S. , IEOM Lean Six Sigma Global Competition: COVID-19 Pandemic, IEOM Society, http://ieomsociety.org/ieom/covid-19/, Accessed Day: June 9, 2020.
- Pandian, A., and Ali, A., Automotive robotic body shop simulation for performance improvement using plant feedback, International Journal of Industrial and Systems Engineering, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 269-291, 2011.
- Rahim, A., and Khan, M., Optimal determination of production run and initial settings of process parameters for a deteriorating process, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, April 2007, vol. 32, no. 7-8, pp. 747-756, 2007.
- Rahman, M. A., Sarker, B. R., and Escobar, L. A., Peak demand forecasting for a seasonal product using Bayesian approach, Journal of the Operational Research Society, vol. 62, pp. 1019-1028, 2011.
- Reimer, D., Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Available: http://www.ieomsociet.org/ieom/newsletters/, July 2020.
- Reimer, D., and Ali, A., Engineering education and the entrepreneurial mindset at Lawrence Tech, Proceedings of the International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management, Istanbul, Turkey, pp. xx-xx, July 3 – 6, 2012.
- Shetty, D., Ali, A., and Cummings, R., A model to assess lean thinking manufacturing initiatives, International Journal of Lean Six Sigma, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 310-334, 2010.
- Srinivasan, G., Arcelus, F.J., and Pakkala, T.P.M., A retailer’s decision process when anticipating a vendor’s temporary discount offer, Computers and Industrial Engineering, vol. 57, pp. 253-260, 2009.
Biography / Biographies (for single author – biography and multiple authors- biographies) – 12 font bold
- Include bio of each author at the end of the paper
- Limited to 200 words
Ahad Ali is an Associate Professor, and Director of Master of Engineering in Manufacturing Systems and Master of Science in Industrial Engineering in the A. Leon Linton Department of Mechanical Engineering at the Lawrence Technological University, Michigan, USA. He earned B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Khulna University of Engineering and Technology, Bangladesh, Masters in Systems and Engineering Management from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore and PhD in Industrial Engineering from University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. He has published journal and conference papers. Dr Ali has completed research projects with Chrysler, Ford, New Center Stamping, Whelan Co., Progressive Metal Manufacturing Company, Whitlam Label Company, DTE Energy, Delphi Automotive System, GE Medical Systems, Harley-Davidson Motor Company, International Truck and Engine Corporation (ITEC), National/Panasonic Electronics, and Rockwell Automation. His research interests include manufacturing, simulation, optimization, reliability, scheduling, manufacturing, and lean. He is member of IEOM, INFORMS, SME and IEEE.
Donald M. Reimer is the managing member of The Small Business Strategy Group, L.L.C and serves as an adjunct professor at Lawrence Technological University. Mr. Reimer holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Management from Lawrence Technological University and a Master of Arts degree in Political Science from University of Detroit/Mercy. He has been recognized as a professional management consultant with over 45 years of experience in working with closely-held businesses. He has taught courses in entrepreneurship, management and corporate entrepreneurship and innovation for engineers. Mr. Reimer served as member of the Minority Economic Development Committee of New Detroit. He has served as a KEEN Fellow for The Kern Family Foundation. He is member of the Lawrence Tech Alumni Board of Directors and has elected a Fellow of the IEOM Society International. Mr. Reimer is a faculty advisor of the Student Chapter of the IEOM Society at Lawrence Tech.