Call for Papers and Presentations (Flyer)
Submission deadline is extended till January 31, 2022
(You can also present via zoom due to the pandemic)
IEOM Society is organizing the 12th Annual International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management in Istanbul, Turkey during March 7-10, 2022. Venue is Hilton Istanbul Bomonti Hotel. Host is Kadir Has University in collaboration with Sabanci University. The conference aims to provide a forum for academics, researchers and practitioners to exchange ideas and recent developments in the field of Industrial Engineering and Operations Management. The conference is also expected to foster networking, collaboration and joint effort among the conference participants to advance the theory and practice as well as to identify major trends in Industrial Engineering and Operations Management.
Submission Site: https://www.xcdsystem.com/IEOM/abstract/index.cfm?ID=YGN5iSP
Authors can submit full paper(s) or abstract(s) only. Authors MUST use the conference template to prepare papers or abstracts. IEOM Society encourages to submit full paper(s). All full papers will be subjected to double peer review. Accepted papers will be published in the proceedings and indexed by Scopus. PREVIOUS IEOM PAPERS ARE IN SCOPUS ALREADY. Any submission implies that an author will present the paper or abstract virtually or orally.
Paper Template WORD (*.docx)
Abstract Template WORD (*.docx)
- One person cannot submit more than 5 papers and / or abstracts as an author or co-author.
Camera Ready Deadline – March 1, 2022
- After camera ready deadline, authors would not be able to revise the paper. Paper must follow IEOM guidelines without grammatical or spelling errors and have significant research contribution. Otherwise those papers will be published online and it would not be sent for indexing.
- Undergraduate Student Paper Competition Sponsored by SIEMENS
- Graduate Student Paper Competition Sponsored by EATON Corporation
- Master Thesis Competition
- Doctoral Dissertation Competition
- Senior Capstone Design Project Competition sponsored by Tooling Tech Group
- Undergraduate Research Competition
- High School STEM Competition
- Human Factors and Ergonomics Competition
- Lean Six Sigma Competition sponsored by Tooling Tech Group
- Simulation Competition
- Supply Chain and Logistics Competition
- Poster Competition – GD and UG
- COVID-19 Case Study Competition
Topics covering industrial issues/applications and academic research include, but are not limited to:
Automation and Control
Computers and Computing
Defense Management Science
E-Business and E-Commerce
Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Facilities Planning and Management
Human Factors and Ergonomics
IE / OM in Asia, Africa and Europe
Information Technology and Information Systems
Lean and Six Sigma
Manufacturing and Design
Material Flow Cost Accounting (MFCA)
Modeling and Simulation
Occupational Safety and Health (OSH)
Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
Production Planning and Management
Quality Control and Management
Reliability and Maintenance
Sensors and Sensing Systems
Service Systems and Service Management
Software Testing and Quality Assurance
Statistics and Optimization
Supply Chain Management
Sustainability and Green Systems
Sustainability in Supply Chain, Enterprise Operations and Strategies including Food Supply Chain
Total Quality Management
Transportation and Traffic
Work Design, Measurement, Standardization and ISO
- Global Engineering Education (GEE)
- Global Business Management Education / Global Supply Chain and Logistics Education
- Industry 4.0 / Industry Solutions
- Diversity and Inclusion panel sponsored by Ford Motor Company
- Women in Industry and Academia (WIIAA)
- Abstract/Paper Submission: January 31, 2022
- Review Feedback: on going
- Registration Deadline: February 15, 2022
- Submit revised version by addressing review comments by February 15 so that IEOM Editing Team can check authors have addresses review comments and follow the exact IEOM format
- Final Camera Ready Paper: March 1, 2022 (After this date, no revision will be allowed)
- Conference: March 7-10, 2022
Paper Formatting Guidelines
Paper Template (*.docx) Use IEOM Template to Prepare Your Manuscript Abstract Template (*.docx)
- Paper Title should be 18 font with bold and center justification.
- All titles should be in standard mixed case, where the first letter of each word is capitalized and followed by lower case letters, as noted here: “Lean Manufacturing, Operations Management and Six Sigma Applications”
Authors and Affiliations
- Author name – 12 font with bold and center justification
- Affiliation – 12 font with center justification
- Authors with same affiliation should be together
- Authors with different affiliation should be listed separately with one space in between
- Email can be added for each author
- Single space between affiliation and abstract title
- Abstract title – 12 font with bold and center justification
- Abstract text – 10 font with full justification
- Abstract not exceeding 250 words.
Keywords (12 font)
Keyword 1, Keyword 2, Keyword 3, Keyword 4 and Keyword 5. (10 font)
- No more than five keywords (10 font)
- 8 1/2″ X 11″ paper
- All margins: 1.00″
- Full justification
- Times New Roman font
- Maximum 12 pages
- Minimum 8 pages
- Single space for entire manuscript
- Each paper should have abstract, introduction, literature review with minimum 15 citations including some recent publications, methods, data analysis, numerical and graphical results, statistical analysis, validation, conclusion and references.
- Conference header should be “Proceedings of the 12th Annual International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management, Istanbul, Turkey, March 7-10, 2022” and copyright information as footer must be used as “© IEOM Society International”. Copyright information implies that IEOM Society International has right to publication the paper.
1. Headings (12 font)
- 12 font size with bold and left justification
- Header should have numbering
- No space between header and text
1.1 Sub-Headings (11 font)
- Title – 11 font with sub-numbering
- Text – 10 font with no indexing
- One space between paragraphs
- No space between header and text
- Texts of figure should be readable
- Original high quality pictures
- Center justification
- Title of Figure should be in center and it must be mentioned as “Figure x: …”
- Title of figure should be sentence case with center justification and 10 font
- Title should be after figure
- All figure numbers must be mentioned in the body of the paper.
- One space between texts and figure, figure and title of the figure and title of the figure and texts.
Insert Figure Here
Figure 1. Name of the figure
- Texts of table should be readable
- Center justification
- Title of table should be in center and it must be mentioned as “Table x: …” It should be added before table.
- Title of table should be sentence case with center justification and 10 font size
- All table numbers must be mentioned in the body of the paper.
- One space between texts and table, table and title of the table and title of the table and texts.
Table 1. Name of the table
Insert Table Here
- Equation numbering is optional.
- Add acknowledgement if needed
- References title – 12 font with bold and left justification
- References texts – 10 font
- No numbering should be used for reference title
- Last name and year should be used for any reference citation. Last name and year should be used for single author and double authors. For more than two authors, last name of the first author and “et al.” with year should be used. For examples: Reimer (2009), (Reimer 2009), Reimer and Ali (2009), (Reimer and Ali 2009), Reimer et al. (2009) and (Reimer et al. 2009). Number is not allowed in the reference citation.
- All references must be cited in the paper.
- Journal and conference names should in in italic.
- Title of the book should be in italic.
- All lines after the first line of references list should be indented one-fourth (1/4) inch from the left margin. This is called hanging indentation. .
- Last name and first initial should be should in the reference formatting like below examples.
- Internet resources should have author(s) if any, title of website, company or organization, URL, Accessed Day.
Sample Reference Format (Alphabetical Order)
- Chang, T., Wysk, R., and Wang, H., Computer-Aided Manufacturing, 3rd Edition, Prentice Hall, New Jersey, 2006.
- Cook, V., and Ali, A., End-of-line inspection for annoying noises in automobiles: trends and perspectives, Applied Acoustic, vol. 73, no. 3, pp. 265-275, 2012.
- Khadem, M., Ali, A., and Seifoddini, H., Efficacy of lean metrics in evaluating the performance of manufacturing system, International Journal of Industrial Engineering, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 176-184, 2008.
- Krstovski, S. , IEOM Lean Six Sigma Global Competition: COVID-19 Pandemic, IEOM Society, http://ieomsociety.org/ieom/covid-19/, Accessed Day: June 9, 2020.
- Pandian, A., and Ali, A., Automotive robotic body shop simulation for performance improvement using plant feedback, International Journal of Industrial and Systems Engineering, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 269-291, 2011.
- Rahim, A., and Khan, M., Optimal determination of production run and initial settings of process parameters for a deteriorating process, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, April 2007, vol. 32, no. 7-8, pp. 747-756, 2007.
- Rahman, M. A., Sarker, B. R., and Escobar, L. A., Peak demand forecasting for a seasonal product using Bayesian approach, Journal of the Operational Research Society, vol. 62, pp. 1019-1028, 2011.
- Reimer, D., Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Available: http://www.ieomsociet.org/ieom/newsletters/, July 2020.
- Reimer, D., and Ali, A., Engineering education and the entrepreneurial mindset at Lawrence Tech, Proceedings of the International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management, Istanbul, Turkey, pp. xx-xx, July 3 – 6, 2012.
- Shetty, D., Ali, A., and Cummings, R., A model to assess lean thinking manufacturing initiatives, International Journal of Lean Six Sigma, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 310-334, 2010.
- Srinivasan, G., Arcelus, F.J., and Pakkala, T.P.M., A retailer’s decision process when anticipating a vendor’s temporary discount offer, Computers and Industrial Engineering, vol. 57, pp. 253-260, 2009.
Biography / Biographies (for single author – biography and multiple authors- biographies) – 12 font bold
- Include bio of each author at the end of the paper
- Limited to 250 words
Zeki Ayag, Ph.D., P.Eng. is currently as a Full Professor of Industrial Engineering at the Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences at Kadir Has University. Before, he served as Director of the Graduate School of Science and Engineering between 2014-2017, and Founding Chairman of Industrial Engineering between 2005-2015 at the same university. He holds an undergraduate degree in Industrial Engineering Department of Faculty of Business Administration, a Master’s in Engineering Management Program of Industrial Engineering, and a Ph.D. degree in Industrial Engineering Program of Industrial Engineering at Istanbul Technical University (I.T.U). Before joining to Kadir Has University, he worked as an Assistant Professor in Istanbul Kultur University for almost 2 years. In addition to his academic experience, he has national and international industrial experience such as; CAD Engineer in Magna International, Inc., Cam-Slide Mfg. (CANADA), Engineering Designer in Mold-Masters Ltd. (Canada), Construction Department Chief in Makina Takim Endustrisi A.S., and Quality Assurance Engineer in PIMAS A.S. He has published many articles in leading periodical journals indexed by SCI®) and SCI-Expanded®, such as International Journal of Production Research, Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, IIE Transactions, Journal of Engineering Design and Journal of Intelligent and Fuzzy Systems and so on. He is a licensed Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) from both Society of Professional Engineers in Ontario (PEO) in CANADA, and Chamber of Mechanical Engineers of Turkey (TMMOB). He is Senior Member of Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE). He has also various memberships such as Operational Research Society, TURKEY (YAD), Turkish Industrial Engineers Group (TURK IE), Society of Fuzzy Systems, TURKEY (BUSIDE), International Society on Multiple Criteria Decision Making (MCDM), International Association of Engineers (IAENG), IAENG Society of Industrial Engineering, IAENG Society of Operations Research, IAENG Society of Artificial Intelligence, IAENG Society of Information System Engineering and so on. He is also Associate Editor in Advances in Fuzzy Systems, former Editorial Board Member of International Journal of Production Research, and in different capacities for other journals. He also serves Program Evaluator for MÜDEK (Association of Evaluation and Accreditation of Engineering Programs), and Institutional External Evaluator and Team Leader for YÖK (Council of Higher Education in Turkey) Quality Council.
Gündüz Ulusoy received his BSc in mechanical engineering from Robert College, Istanbul in 1970; an MSc in mechanical engineering from the University of Rochester in 1972 and a Ph.D. in operations research from Virginia Tech in 1975. He served in the Department of Industrial Engineering, Boğaziçi University in Istanbul as a faculty member (1976-1999) and as Head of Department (1985-1993). He also served as Vice President of Boğaziçi University (1992-1994). In 1983, he worked as a postgraduate research fellow in the Operational Research Department in Lancaster University. He spent a year on leave from Boğaziçi University in the industry. He was a member of the Executive Board of the Turkish Scientific and Technical Research Council (1993-1997) and Chairman of the Executive Board of the Marmara Research Center (1995-1997). He served on the Executive Board of the Turkish Quality Association (1998-2002) and chaired its Quality Award Committee (1998-2002). He also served on the Board of Boğaziçi University Alumni Association (1988-1991) and the Board of Elginkan Foundation (1994-2000). He is a founding member of the Science Foundation and the Turkish Informatics Foundation.
In 1999 he joined the Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences at Sabancı University and established the Manufacturing Systems Engineering Program. He founded and became the Co-Coordinator of the Leaders for Industry Program (2001-2004). He founded the TUSIAD-Sabancı University Competitiveness Forum and served as its Director (2003-2008). He was a member of the Standing Committee on Sustainable Competitiveness of the Manufacturing Industry established by the Office of the Prime Minister of Turkey (2007-2010). Since 2015 he has served as an Emeritus Professor at Sabancı University.
He received Teaching Awards at Boğaziçi University and Sabancı University.
In collaboration with TUSIAD and the related Trade Associations, he studied competitive strategies and sectoral benchmarking in the Turkish automotive, cement, electronics, white goods, and machine manufacturing industries. He conducted research on technology and new product development management in the Turkish automotive parts and components industry and on the new product development capability of the Turkish electronics industry. As a UNICE Competitiveness Working Group member in Brussels, he contributed to its competitiveness, entrepreneurship, and innovation research.
His primary research areas are competitiveness, innovation, digitalization and manufacturing strategies, and project management and scheduling. He has published research articles in Interfaces, Operations Research, Journal of the Operational Research Society, European Journal of Operational Research, International Journal of Production Economics, International Journal of Production Research, IIE Transactions, International Journal of Production and Operations Management, Journal of Operations Management, Naval Research Logistics, Computers & OR, and Frontiers of Engineering Management.
He was an Associate Editor of the European Journal of Operational Research (1981-2000), and Contributing Editor to the International Abstracts in Operational Research (1978-1992), Chief Editor of the Turkish Journal of Operational Research (1983-1985), and served as the Guest Editor for several academic journals.
In 2021, the textbook he co-authored with Öncü Hazır and titled An Introduction to Project Modeling and Planning was published by Springer Nature.